Who We Are
ComplySci is a SaaS company forging the future of RegTech (regulatory technologies). Our global governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) solutions helps more than 1,100 financial services and professional services institutions proactively identify risks and manage complex regulatory and compliance challenges. We have been selected by some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and brokers to be their partner and are looking for amazing people to join our growing team
We are looking for
ComplySci is growing! We are looking for an experienced controller who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can multi-task in a growing finance department. This role will require ownership of all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting and development of internal control policies and procedures. The role will be responsible for managing the accounting team and streamlining all processes, and is a hands on role.
- Improves procedures, strengthen internal controls and accounting policies and ensure flawless execution
- Manage the general ledger, monthly closing and financial statement preparation for review month-end + 7 business days with the executive team
- Create deferred revenue schedules and monthly revenue recognition booking, as well as ARR Reporting
- Reconcile Balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare banking reconciliations
- Oversee the expense reporting process to ensure timely disbursements and accurate reporting
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Work closely with credit analyst to ensure timely collection of outstanding balances and payout of liabilities
- Review budgets monthly with CFO and Department Heads
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Work with outside CPAs to ensure timely filing of taxes as well as accurate reporting of financial statements
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management and third-party providers
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA preferred, with Public/Private mix
- Experience leading an Accounting team
- SaaS experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in QuickBooks and Intacct preferred
- Exceptional attention to details
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Close attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
Why you’ll thrive at ComplySci
- Our offices speak to who we are – transparent, collaborative, and full of energy:
- Located in NoMad/Herald Square surrounded by great food, entertainment, shopping, multiple transportation points, and much more!
- Fully stocked office with snacks, cold brew on tap and Happy Hour Fridays
- Bi-weekly catered lunches with the entire office, with Bagel Mondays and Pizza Fridays every other week
We will give you the tools you need to be successful
- Cutting edge technology to work on (as we transition into it)
- Career development and training
- Competitive salary and incentives
You’ll have access to amazing benefits
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation, paid holidays, unlimited sick days
At ComplySci, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and its benefit to our employees, our products, and our community. ComplySci is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!