Who We Are
ComplySci is a SaaS company forging the future of RegTech (regulatory technologies). Our global governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) solutions helps more than 1,100 financial services and professional services institutions proactively identify risks and manage complex regulatory and compliance challenges. We have been selected by some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and brokers to be their partner and are looking for amazing people to join our growing team!
We’re looking for a creative DevOps engineer to join our IT and Security team. Our stack runs on AWS and we are moving to technologies such as Jenkins and CloudFormation to enable rapid deployment and iteration.
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across all products and software stacks. Additionally, you will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code.
You will also work to improve the software engineering process and practices associated with continuous build, deploy and updating software as well as bringing infrastructure as code to the company.
We are growing rapidly. High availability and performance are crucial for success. We’d love to speak with you if you bring a background in DevOps and have knowledge of distributed systems infrastructure. This is a tremendous opportunity to found a discipline together with a team that is building operational excellence.
What you will do
- Automate and manage large-scale deployment of multi-stack software builds to multiple customers
- Deploy cloud services to public cloud providers like AWS, and multiple environments (Prod, Staging, Dev/Test)
- Create tools and deployment systems that enable high feature velocity and developer quality of life
- Collaborate closely with the backend and data engineering teams to create scalable and self-healing infrastructure
- Diagnose and develop root cause solutions for failures and performance issues in our production environment
- Design and build our platform’s infrastructure and associated services, such as logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Develop systems and procedures that ensure the privacy and security of customer data, fulfilling our compliance with standards such as GDPR and ISO 27001
- Work with engineering and operations teams to develop, implement and support automated CI/CD pipelines and related dashboards, improving on build, deployment, and test pipelines
- 3+ years of experience and a B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
- You have experience building scalable infrastructure platforms for SaaS products on AWS
- 1-3 years of build/release and configuration management experience, including having automated build and deployment processes through a build system for embedded or remote hardware; prior wins driving improvements in these areas highly desired
- Experience with infrastructure as code and creating a platform on which secure, reliable, and performant distributed services can run, think CloudFormation.
- Proficiency with cloud deployment, build automation, orchestration, or dependency management tools including
- New Relic
- Visual Studio
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- A solid understanding of networking
- Experience with PowerShell, Python and similar technology
- Strong experience building and expanding monitoring frameworks with tools like New Relic.
Bonus if you also have:
- SQL and/or DBA experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience with RedGate database tools
- Experience deploying, monitoring and troubleshooting software systems such as Windows images
- Experience with remote management tools like LogMeIn, and are comfortable debugging remotely using Remote-desktop (including gathering diagnostic info for engineering team)
- Experience creating WDS (Windows Deployment Services) image library