Senior QA Automation Engineer – This opportunity is a full-time time position for a fast-growing, highly successful financial technology company based in New York City. It is a unique opportunity in a senior QA role. It is hands-on position with the opportunity to help provide leadership. We are looking for someone who can step in and know what needs to be done, then does it. Collaborative, technically savvy and skilled.
- Create, shape, and monitor test plans for scalability, security, functionality, and usability for successful code deployments
- Planning the testing strategies and customizing the testing as needed.
- Automating tests where appropriate
- Testing the application through both manual and automated means.
- Implementing, executing and capturing results of test plans/test scripts/test cases.
- Utilize Jira Issue Management System to track and manage issue (bug) status.
- Assist and collaborate closely with Product Managers and Release Manager to ensure that all project deliverables are appropriately verified and approved for both distribution for owner verification and for final code deployment
- Participating in sprint planning meetings and daily standup meetings
- Producing and prioritizing bug reports
- Working with developers to perform root-cause analysis
Our ideal candidate
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience across the various facets of the SDLC/Agile process with a specific focus on QA, test strategy and execution
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in CS or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing overall test strategy and plans for complex system implementations including a variety of technologies and design patterns
- GitHub (or similar) account for code review of patches and projects
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Understanding and appreciation of adaptive development methods (agile/scrum)
- Experience with financial services applications
- Experience building use cases, test cases and test plans
- Hands on capabilities with QA tools including bug tracking and scripting
- Experience with GUI driven testing as well as programmatic testing
- Experience with web-based database applications and ETL is a plus
- Strong analysis and autonomous problem discovery and solving skills
- Experience working with customers and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to document and communicate defects and other software issues
- Performance testing experience is a plus
- Experience with Jira would be a plus
- Applicants for U.S. based positions with ComplySci must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.